Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Love This: Goodies From Garth Nix

I'm sure you're familiar with Garth Nix, author of awesome fantasy books Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen, as well as works like The Keys to the Kingdom series, Shades Children, and The Seventh Tower sequence. Mr. Nix's latest book, a collaboration with Sean Williams, is called Troubletwisters.

US, UK, and Australian covers

* Click here for my review of Troubletwisters *
Garth recently ran a giveaway on his Facebook page asking fans to post a picture of themselves reading Troubletwisters in public. Three folks won US, UK, and Australian editions of Troubletwisers signed by both authors, as well as 10 other signed books from both authors -- 13 books in all! What we didn't know was that Garth would decide to send a prize to all of the participants! How cool is he??! So, take a look at the beyond cool package that was waiting for me yesterday when I got home!


The front of the envelope.  Check out the stamps of the Royal newlyweds.
 

 The back of the envelope.  I was so excited by the signature on the customs sticker! 
(And don't worry! I checked to be sure his address was public before sharing this photo!)




The awesomeness inside was wrapped in "first pass" pages from Lord Sunday.



 I carefully unwrapped these to find none other than Sabriel, my absolute favorite Garth Nix novel! 


And it was autographed!

 


It was amazing to come home from work and find such wonderful goodies waiting to be unwrapped! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Garth Nix!

I'm touched to see the time and care taken to make this a really special treat! This is the first time I've ever received anything like this, and I'll not forget such a kindness! Garth Nix, sir, you sure know how to make your readers feel loved.

Friends, if you haven't checked out Garth Nix's Sabriel or his newest title, Troubletwisters,  run out and buy a copy of either -- or both -- today!

2 comments:

  1. @BookGalI can't get over how much it costs to ship a paperback from Australia! $17.25 AUD which is $18.92 US.

    ReplyDelete