Monday, February 27, 2012

Stay Tuned...

If you read my post about my blogging slump, stay tuned. I haven't pulled the plug on blogging quite yet. I've put too much work into this to just stop. I'll post again soon. For now, I'm enjoying reading without the pressure of writing reviews and maintaining a blog. 

I've appreciated other bloggers sharing their thoughts. So...

If you're familiar with my blog, please let me know how you think I'm doing.

If you've had similar struggles and thought about quitting your blog, please share your experiences with me, too.


  1. I just want to say that I love your reviews. They are well-written with thought behind them! You do what you need to do. I'll be here when you get back! : )

  2. Dawn! I am SO glad that I am not the only one that has (or is having) a slump lately! I just recently started blogging again after about a 3 month, unintentional and unannounced hiatus. I was feeling precisely as you do, that blogging was taking away from valuable reading time. I read to feel happy, to help when I'm sad, I just love to read! And when blogging was taking away from that, or stressing me out, I just didn't feel like doing it. I am in awe of people who can read tons of books and then write reviews about them and then do tons of other things online to help promote books or their blog, etc, but I'm just not one of those people and I am ok with that (and I don't think you are as a good way of course!) Yes, maybe I won't get a ton of ARC requests, or do a ton of author interviews, but as long as I can read and enjoy my reading, and possibly help others enjoy reading as well, that's ok!
    And though I have gotten back into blogging again, it's because I want to and I am not putting pressure on myself. I have decided that I will write review about 99% on my blog, and then share random book related things for the other 1%. I will make comments and participate in others blogs and reviews because that is why I started blogging in the first place, is because I like seeing what others have to say about a book and that has helped me find some real gems and I want to keep having that experience and hope that I can help others with it as well, which is why I will mainly focus on reading tons and tons of books and writing reviews when I get the chance.
    I hope you don't mind my enormously long comment (I wonder if it will even post!) but I just wanted to say I TOTALLY understand the place you are in and to let you know that you take as long as you need to decide what percentage of blogging you want to do, if at all, and when, if at all, you're going to do it! This should be something where you get benefits out of the equation, not just taking all of your time and effort away from things that help re-energize you like books and your music.
    Also, as one you completely understands what you're talking about, if you ever want to discuss it more, you know where to find me! ^__^ Enjoy whatever it is you want to do!

  3. Scarlett, Thanks so much for the LONG comment. Of course I don't mind. It's nice to know that even though I felt at times like no one was reading that there are people out there who cared enough to read. (Yes, thank you, too, Molly!) Was this 3 month hiatus your only break or the second one? I remember your taking a break. Maybe it was more extended than I remember.